The Info You Need on Rope and Cord
Rope and cord are used all the time over here in the textile industry. It’s not always talked about but its essential to make great end products. And you guessed it, MMI can meet all your needs when it comes to rope and cord.
Let’s break down our cord and rope options for you.
Shock Cord & Rope
- We are proud to offer round shock cord and rope as well as flat braided products made domestically on the East Coast
- Military products are 100% Berry Compliant
- Minimums vary and we are happy to create a stock program for you!
- 1/16” – ½” diameter
- Nylon and Polyester
- Temperature sensitive option
- Various percentages of stretch
Raw materials used:
- Nylon – excellent abrasion resistance and knot retention (good for pulleys & tie downs)
- Polyester – used for low stretch needs – good around water-will not shrink
- Polypropylene – economical alternative, floats, wide range of colors
- Standard width: 1/8” – 5/8”
Diamond Braid (has core):
- Standard width: 1/32” – ½” diam.
Solid Braid (no core):
- Standard width: 1/32”-1/2” diam.
Double Braid (braided jacket over braided core):
- Standard Width: 3/16” – 1-1/14” Material: Nylon or Polyester
Braids/Twines/Lines (bow strings, fishing lines):
- Materials: Nomex®, Kevlar®, Spectra®, Nylon, Dacron
- Size: .010” - .135
We can offer the following properties to meet your special needs:
- Abrasion resistance
- Infrared dummying (infra-red resistant – fools night vision)
- Water repellency
- Break and cycling durability
- Latex free (1/4” – 12” wide)
- Reflective elastic
- Both Solution Dyed and Piece Dyed options
We know that’s a lot of information to take in and are willing to answer any question you may have. Or if your new to the industry and need some help figuring out what it all means, feel free to call our team at 440.899.8050 or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org